We Focus on Your IT Systems
So You Can Focus on Your Patients.
In August of 2021, the US Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) released guidance to the Healthcare Industry entitled, “Protecting Sensitive and Personal Information from Ransomware-Caused Data Breaches,” (link). They state, “All organizations are at risk of falling victim to a ransomware incident and are responsible for protecting sensitive and personal data stored on their systems.” The four-page factsheet provides detailed information on how to void the nightmare scenario of a data breach.
There are two realities that the health care industry must contend with. First, bad actors want access to your data, encrypt that data, and hold it hostage until you pay for its release. They are relentless and work around the clock from every corner of the globe. Because of their success, they no longer live in their mother’s basement but in plush penthouses. Second, security threats are constantly evolving and require the utmost vigilance from experts who know how to shield every piece of hardware and software that you have connected to the internet. A casual review of the CISA guidance on how to mitigate these risk factors would be daunting task for any non-technical person to implement. For instance:
- Maintain offline, encrypted backups of data and regularly test them.
- Create, maintain and exercise a basic cyber incident response plan, resiliency plan and associated communications plan.
- Mitigate internet-facing vulnerabilities and misconfigurations.
- Reduce the risk of phishing emails.
- Practice good cybersecurity hygiene, including via multifactor authentication.
While the level of scrutiny on your IT performance and security has never been higher, and while meeting those technical obligations can be very confusing, don’t feel defeated. Call SUURV. Not only do we tackle the bullet points above, but we also address the following issues:
- We secure your patient data and exceed the industry standards required under the 21st Century Cures Act, such as: HL7 FHIR and HITRUST CSF-level security protocols.
- We only use technology and services designed to meet HIPAA requirements.
- Our security technology allows for safe collaboration and interoperability among your workforce.
Staying secure and achieving compliance can seem complex for healthcare providers, but we've developed cost-effective managed IT solutions that can meet the unique needs of your business. These are a few of the many reasons to call us today:
- Looking to move to the cloud
- Planning to streamline in-house operations
- Needing to secure your mobile services
- Focusing on compliance
Please call (210) 874-5900 or fill out our contact form by clicking here.