Cloud & Hosting
Cloud & Hosting
Historically, the origin of “The Cloud” can be traced back to Moses—the Great Deliverer of Old Testament fame. He was the first to produce tablets containing data from a cloud. Ugh! Let's try again.
The word “cloud” is very confusing for a lot of people. And, “moving to the cloud” sounds like something you did wrong that eventually landed you in the doghouse. No worries! You may discover that the cloud is man’s new best friend. Or, a brilliant move for your business. But why? OK, we promise to get serious now.
“The cloud” is a phrase used to describe the fact that your server hardware and/or software are no longer located in your business. That is, in some dark closet where the insects hide out. Furthermore, when you operate “in the cloud,” your server hardware is in a climate-controlled, secured location—usually in Amazon’s, Google’s, or Microsoft’s datacenters. What are the advantages of cloud computing? Blazing fast speeds, low cost of ownership, data redundancy, and unlimited scalability, just to name a few. There are simply too many benefits to list on this page.
SUURV offers the following cloud hosting services:
- Public Cloud - With a public cloud, all hardware, software, and other supporting infrastructure are owned and managed by the cloud provider. Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, and Microsoft Azure are examples of a public cloud.
- Hybrid Cloud - A type of cloud that combines on-premises infrastructure (private cloud) with a public cloud and allows data and apps to move between the two environments.
- Private Cloud - This cloud can be physically located at your organization’s on-site datacenter. Or, it can be hosted by a third-party service provider. But in a private cloud, the services and infrastructure are always maintained on a private network, and the hardware and software are dedicated solely to your organization.
- Cloud Migrations - If you need to move cloud platforms, or you want to move to the cloud from your on-premises servers, we are the experts!
- Website Hosting - These are always hosted on Public Clouds and configured for the applications you want to host, for example: WordPress, Drupal, cPanel, Docker, Kubernetes, Next Cloud, Mediawiki. Also, this includes databases, such as: MySQL, Maria DB, and Mongo DB. These applications and databases can be on a shared server or on a virtual private server (VPS) inside the public cloud of your choice.
- Domain Hosting - We now offer exclusive domain hosting for all our clients in order to maintain the security of the companies under our management. In other words, you don’t have to share a webserver with a bad actor on the internet who will cause your domain name to be blacklisted. Ultimately, this prevents your email from being sent to your clients’ spam folders. No joke, this happens all the time.
Finally, in a cloud environment, Infrastructure and Web Applications can be hosted with a minimal, upfront impact on your budget. In addition to Domain and Website Hosting, we offer Cloud Hosting that leverages Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, and Microsoft Azure. In short, SUURV can build a custom cloud solution tailored to your business. Our team has extensive experience in migrating existing data to the cloud.